Dragonia Myth
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dragonia Myth

Forum of the Dragonia Myth Server: Feel free to browse !!!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Map Editor

Go down 
AuthorMessage
tino
Dragon Egg
Dragon Egg

Map Editor Empty
PostSubject: Map Editor   Map Editor I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 2:25 am

1. First off open notepad and write the following:

system\game.exe startgame editor

Save it as start.bat and place it in your Tales of Pirates mainfolder

2. Make a backup of the "map" folder in your Tales of Pirates mainfolder.

3. Doubleclick start.bat and the editor will start up (you have to close down all top clients before you open the editor or it won't load). You will get alot of error messages but just click OK on them all.
This is where the fun begins.

You will find yourself in argent. This is a map editor, if you're unfamiliar with map editors from other games, it is pretty much a program which lets you modify the appearance of things in game. Note however that this is a server sided game of course and all changes you make can only be seen by YOU! Sit places are excluded, others can see you sit on cool places.

First thing you have to do is open the menu, press TAB.
To make a "Sit location", look under the Building -> dummy item tab, hold your mouse over the squares to see what they are. First one is "Sit" so this is what we're gonna use. And yes, those error messages are normal, just click OK until they go away.

Now you can place "Sit" as much as you want wherever you want, but to make those cool places "sit-able" you need to modify the altitude of the objects, you do this by holding the A key (Z key makes it go down if you go too far up). So click on the Sit object in the menu and hold A, watch it rise. The problem here is that you can't raise it if your mouse isn't on the object, to solve this, zoom out as far as you can and hold your mouse at the bottom of your screen, this will make the camera show right on top of the object, this makes it alot easier to raise.

Anything you do is automaticly saved, so if you mess up (like me I accidentaly deleted the fountain in argent) you can try to delete stuff with the DEL key or just go back to the backup files.

To go to a different area, double click the Map List tab, and hold your mouse over the boxes once again to see which area you're about to open. Shaitan is the second one. When you open it you'll be in the middle of the ocean, north east of shaitan to be exact. Just run south west to get to the island and shaitan. If you want to know how to teleport, scroll down to the bottom of the guide.

You can add buildings and stuff if you want to, remodel an entire city if you feel like it, but only you will see it.

This is about as much as I've learned about this editor so far, I'll update it with more information as I learn more.

I'll answer questions as good as I can.

HF Wink

Useful commands:

Mouse scroll: Turn objects
A: Raise object
Z: Lower object
H: Hide object (useful for deleting objects inside bigger objects)
U: Un-hide object
G: Lock object (useful for raising and lowering objects)

To teleport, click the icon to the far right on the upper part of the screen, this will show a small dialogue in the upper right corner, click on the Instant movement text and type in your coords. Note however that you need to add the Z-axis to the coords, which is always 0. So if you're in magical ocean and want to go to the fireplace in shaitan, type in 900,3560,0 and then hit enter.
Back to top Go down
justme

Map Editor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Map Editor   Map Editor I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 10:06 pm

How do you get the editor to work with more the 600 objects... IT is automatically deleteing items
Back to top Go down
faeree

Map Editor Empty
PostSubject: sitting on buildings in TOP   Map Editor I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 9:03 am

hi, thanks for this info...only I can't get the sit boxes to go ontop of buildings...I can make the objects raise, but can't sit on them. wot am i doing wrong? affraid
Back to top Go down
obeauty6

Map Editor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Map Editor   Map Editor I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 12:35 pm

The history of C'Thun on Azeroth dates back to before it had a name or an army of arthropod followers. One of several of its kind to either discover or create Azeroth (sources argue, although RuneScape Goldit's telling that most sources that claim the creation of Azeroth for the Old Gods tend to be, well, insane cultists for the Old Gods), it existed for countless millennia before the war with the titans, bending Azeroth's elementals to its will alongside its fellows and waging ceasless chaotic elemental war between proxy elemental lords for its own amusement.

It's difficult to tell how long this state of affairs continued or if it started before or after the titans' first efforts to shape Azeroth. Since the ancient troll empires had records of the titans, it is entirely possible that the titans came and left many times, perhaps in response to the Old Gods' machinations, as implied in the Curse of Flesh dialog. If you have any problems with buying cheap WOW gold, please come to our website, you will receive rapid relies to your enquiries. It is our pleasure to provide the highest quality customer service for every WOW player.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Map Editor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Map Editor   Map Editor I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Map Editor
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dragonia Myth :: Server Section :: Guides-
Jump to: